An article for the Huntsville Times gave an account of the homecoming of Samuel Coggin, a five-year-old boy who became ill with an E. coli O157:H7 infection and hemolytic uremic syndrome after eating at Little Rosie’s restaurant in Huntsville.

Samuel spent about three weeks on dialysis after the dangerous E. coli O157:H7 bacteria caused his kidneys to fail, a condition called hemolytic uremic syndrome.

Nineteen people became ill with E. coli infections after eating at Little  Rosie’s Taqueria inn July.  Three people were hospitalized, including Samuel.  The other to people who developed HUS remain hospitalized.  One is in serious condition at Huntsville Hospital, and the other is hospitalized at Memorial Mission Hospital in Asheville, North Carolina.