CBC News reports that three-year-old Hillary Nelson has suffered kidney failure after eating the hamburger meat contaminated with E.coli bacteria sold at a Canada Safeway store. She remains on dialysis but her condition has improved.
She is one of at least 19 people who became sick after eating the contaminated hamburger meat, including four who has to be admitted into hospitals.
Safeway has issued a recall this week and is giving full refunds. The company is urging customers to check their freezers for the tainted hamburger meat.