“There were 12 confirmed cases of E. coli O157:H7 and nine others with suggestive symptoms who could not be confirmed. We have been unable to pinpoint the source of the E. coli – whether it came from a particular food product, food handling or a combination of both,” said Health Director Dr. Karen Hacker.
Most of the persons who got sick ate hamburgers, and laboratory tests for E. coli O157:H7 detected the bacteria on some samples of ground beef patties. However, it has not been determined whether the bacteria came into the facility on beef that the restaurant purchased or it spread via food handling.
And then there was the one and only inspection (10/31/13) that I could find online.