A 2-year old girl is now dead, and health department officials said she tested posted for E. coli bacteria, reports WTOV9’s Amy Post.
Officials at the Guernsey County Health Department said four family members from Cambridge all were ill with the bacteria. They said people should not be overly concerned about the bacteria, because it seems to be an isolated family event rather than an area epidemic.
Officials are investigating where the bacteria came from, but they do not have a conclusive result.
The three other family members who tested positive are now recovering at home.