Jennifer Kern of the Forest Lake Times reports that a Minnesota woman who had planned to attend her niece’s wedding in Wisconsin ended up spending that time a the Fairview Hospital instead as a result of E. coli poisoning from eating a bagged salad from Dole.
Gail Rychlicki is one of 23 people in the Twin Cities who have been confirmed to have contracted E.coli after consuming Dole prewashed salad mixes.
Her case was so severe in fact, she underwent a colonoscopy and had to stay in the hospital for five days.
Looking back on the experience, Rychlicki says she is going to be much more selective when it comes to lettuce preparation.