Fresh Express has announced that the company will donate up to $2 million for E. coli research. According to the press release, which was posted at Infection Control Today, Fresh Express will help fund an independent advisory panel that has already been formed.
Members are respected scientists in the food safety community:
- Dr. Michael T. Osterholm, PhD, MPH, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy, University of Minnesota
- Dr. Jeff Farrar, California Department of Health Services
- Dr. Bob Buchanan, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Dr. Robert Tauxe, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Dr. Bob Gravani, Cornell University
- Dr. Craig Hedberg, University of Minnesota