The Associated Press reported yesterday that a 15-month-old baby who contracted a severe type of E. coli bacteria died early Thursday morning. Adorah Montgomery got sick last week and was hospitalized on Friday, according to her parents, Alex and Karyn Montgomery of Canistota. Her brother Reagan, 3, also became ill but recovered.
The family doesn’t know how their children may have been infected.
“We’ve questioned ourselves over and over again,” Alex Montgomery said. “We’ll question it for the rest of our lives.”