KUTV of Salt Lake City is reporting that an Idaho toddler has died in a Utah hospital from a kidney disease associated with E. coli infection. The infection may be linked to the national outbreak traced to contaminated packaged spinach, health officials said.

Kyle Algood, 2, of Chubbuck, Idaho, died Wednesday at Primary Children’s Hospital in Salt Lake City from hemolytic-uremic syndrome, said Dr. Christine Hahn, said epidemiologist for the Idaho Department of Health. The boy was flown to the Utah hospital earlier in the day from Portneuf Medical Center in Pocatello, Idaho.